marți, octombrie 30

Cinnamon rolls with walnuts or The Baker Rises II


If coffee were illegal, I'd have to serve a hundred years jail sentence. Note that whenever I write coffee, I mean dark, strong, black coffee. The darkest you'll ever imagine. I guess it's true what they say: once you go black, you never go back. At least the same happened with the dark chocolate. Pardon my cheap joke.

So here below (and above) you can see my very first cinnamon rolls (to non-believers: told you I could do it!). They were suprisingly easy to make (yet so many recipes are suprisingly easy once you actually make them).



You know how I don't usually write the recipe, but I'm thinking it could be useful although this is something you find all over the Internet. However, it's tasty tested and it's the recipe I found on Make My Lemonade (top cooking/DIY/beauty blogs if you ask me).

  Here we go. For the dough, you'll need:

    600 gr all purpose flour
    240 ml warm milk
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon and a half traditional yeast (translating the recipe now made me realized I used only one tablespoon and it worked just fine)
    75 gr sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    75 gr melted butter
    1 pinch of salt
     50 grams walnuts or other nuts (optional)

Mix the yeast with the warm milk and leave it until it's well dissolved. Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix vigorously until you obtain the dough. Put it in another bowl greased with a bit of oil, cover it with plastic wrapper and leave it one hour aside, room temperature.

Filling:

170 g brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
60 gr melted butter

Mix all the ingredients above and when the dough is ready, make a rectangle and spread the filling on it without reaching its margins. Roll it tightly on its length, then cut in equal slices (mine were 2,5 cm thick. Note that you'll place the slices horizontally). Once you place all of them in a baking tray, leave them aside for another 45 minutes. Preheat oven at 175 degrees and bake for 30 minutes until golden. You can grease them with egg yolk to enhance the colour.

 You can, of course, place them with some space between each other so you'll have separate buns. Enjoy!








Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu